skip to main content

Medication~Illness~Injuries at Schoo

over 3 years ago

Illness or Severe Injury at School:

When your child becomes ill or is severly injured at school, every attempt will be made to reach you. If the school is unable to reach you, the person listed on your child’s emergency card will be contacted. If authorized emergency friends/relatives are not available and immediate treatment is advisable, the child may be transported to the nearest hospital.


When children experience a communicable disease illness such as chicken pox, strep throat, head lice, etc., it must be reported to the school secretary immediately. After appropriate treatment and recuperation the student will need to check-in through the school secretary or District nurse before returning to school.  

Usually a generic flier will be sent home schoolwide notifying parents of the communicable illness so that parents can take precautions with their children.


Medication at School:  

School personnel are prohibited from administgering any medication, including both prescription and over-the-counter drugs, without written authorization from a doctor.  This form must be renewed every year.

If your child needs to take medication at school, your physician must complete and sign the appropriate "Physicians Authorization" form. This form also requires a parent signature to be valid. Medications must be brought to school by a parent in the original containers labeled with the name of the child and the name of the medication.  This form can be obtained from the school secretary.

Students should not carry medication with them at any time. Please contact the school office if unsure of school site policy.